More of My Flickr photos

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I paid the price...

Only $12 in fact. $12 to get rid of the ad at the bottom of the haloscan entry box, and give me full customisation. I'm quite pleased with it really, $12 is a small price to pay to support non-corporates.

So go ahead - comment away! Say what you REALLY feel! And then link to me :)

In fact, you can comment on this entry if you like. Yesterday I picked up on a couple of new games, and one in particular has jumped RIGHT into puzzling - I love puzzles :)

I think it's great, and I'm currently in the middle of the first puzzle. Discussion is here: http://www.forum.immersionunlimited.com/viewtopic.php?t=1874 , and I"ll cross post it on Unfiction after I'm done with this blog entry.

I got a call from 20/20 today, they're going to run with the female car enthusiasts story, and want to get moving on it in the next few weeks. I was rather hoping to avoid it all together, but will talk to Matt about it tonight and see what he thinks.
Yeah, I used his name. I'm sick of referring to him as "the b/f" or "hubby" (esp. when he's not my husband) - and there are a trillion "Matt"s in the world, so it's not like I'm giving away his identity or anything.
I'll be honest, I've never liked being infront of a camera, still or moving, and I especially don't like the idea of representing an entire group of people, especially one so controversially portrayed by the media, but I committed myself at the first meeting, so I can't very well pull out now. Luckily I won't need to clean the car at least, cos I polished it for the Auckland Autosalon, and it never comes out of the garage.

You'll notice the lack of book cover image on the right hand side beneath "Currently Reading". That's because I started to read the Iliad for the second time in my life, and have discovered that it's not a "read twice" book. It's one of those books that you read once, and keep for reference (and to make you look smart). It's payday tomorrow, so I might stop off at Borders and pick up Sense and Sensibility, in my effort to read more Classic novels. That should take me through to July 16...

Labels: , , ,