More of My Flickr photos

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Welcome to 2008! And even though I say it every year, and this year is no exception: Boy does time fly?

As you might have guessed from my last brief post, we spent Christmas in Christchurch with beautiful dry sunny weather. The only problem is that without much humidity, you tend to feel the 22 degrees for what it actually is - ie not the scorching sticky hot temperature one is used to in Auckland. Infact, I'd go so far as to say 22 degrees is almost 'cool'. hah!

With Christmas out of the way, it suddenly feels like the wedding is bearing down on us with rapidly increasing speed. 2 weeks and 1 day infact. WOOHOO!!!

Ok, so on to New Years resolutions. Let's see how I did with last year's resolutions?

1) Continue not smoking (if I can make it to a year, then my life insurance and medical and income protection decrease!) - Done and Done!
2) Continue going to the gym (so I haven't been since before Christmas... I"m sure I'll go back soon...) - Done and then Undone. meh.
3) Not default on a mortgage payment (it would take a pretty big economic depression, and some hefty spending on our part to default) Done
4) Not break up with Matt (he might decide he hates me...) Well getting married...
5) Not kill the new Kitten - Oh my god, nearly undone this one, twice!
6) Travel somewhere else (already booked and paid for - tick!) Done Twice!
7) SET A GODDAMNED DATE! - Done and Done!

So not at all bad for NY Resolutions!.

hmm.. suddenly ran out of things to say... ok! back to 'work'