More of My Flickr photos

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ni Hao - from Shanghai!

So here I am in Shanghai, about to begin day two of my journey. Day 1 started yesterday landing at Pudong Airport at 7.30am after an 11.5 hour flight from Auckland. After a shower and a quick walk / catchup with Matt, it was off to see the sights of Shanghai with his colleagues visiting from Germany. After brunch at the Westin (Packed full of westerner ex-pats for a Mothers Day Buffet) it was off through old town Shanghai, via Yu'Yuan Gardens (pretty lotus and carp ponds, and lots of people selling mass produced "bargain antiques", ending at the French Concession. Photos from that little tour can be seen on my Bebo.
I've just booked myself on a couple of tours over the next two days - tomorrow I'll be heading on a day tour around 'the best of Shanghai', including the Jade Buddha temple, and a walk down the Bund. I'm thinking that we'll probably head down the Bund tonight for dinner anyway, but it will be nice to get all the background history from a guide aswell. On Wednesday I'm heading to Zhu Jia Jiao, an old water village outside of Shanghai, which will be really interesting.

And while I'm doing all this, poor Matt is stuck working his tail off... :(

More photos will be added each day! Stay Tuned!

Labels: ,