More of My Flickr photos

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ferrit dot co dot en zed.

Sucks really badly. SO badly that I refuse to link to the site, lest it be counted as a positive hit. UGH

But their advertising's funny :)

I spent approximately 5 seconds on there and left promptly once I realised that everything for sale on there, is for sale on the net elsewhere. It's essentially just a collaboration of a bunch of online stores. So why am I going to buy a pair of shoes, sight unseen, for full retail, when
a) I don't know if they'll fit and
b) I won't get them for ages due to delivery in NZ being so crap.
I could just pop down to my local Westfield, and maybe even get the same shoes on sale!

Let's compare some non clothing type items (without linking to them, ofcourse)
Ferrit:
Canon Digital SLR Camera Twin Lens Kit EOS350DKIT
The combination of Canon's EOS 350D camera and a twin lens pack will ensure great pictures made easy for the developing and semi professional photographer.

$1999 From Noel Leemings

Now, if I wanted to buy a camera from Noel Leemings, I might just go to Noel Leemings to buy it, and hope and pray I can negotiate them down from that ridiculous price. I could even go to Noel Leemings.co.nz, and buy it there - but if Iwanted a Better Price...
CANON EOS 350d KIT - ParallelImported.co.nz

  • 8.0 Megapixel
  • 18-55mm Zoom Comes with 18-55mm Lens
    The high resolution digital SLR camera designed for all photographers.
  • $1399 - From Parallel Imported


    AND

    AF 70 - 300mm f4-5.6 G Lens
    • Lightweight 4.3X telephoto zoom lens for SLRs that set aperture from Command DialIdeal lens for candids, travel and sports photographyD-Type design provides precise distance information for flash and ambient light exposure process.
      $219 - from Parallel Imported

    which totals $1618. $381 cheaper than on Ferrit, and all from the comfort of your own chair.

    So why bother with Ferrit at all? Especially when there's Trademe? I LOVE Trademe SO much, that I'm now going to include some of my favourite Trademe auctions in my blogging.

    Two such favourites are:

    1) Gorgeous Hermes Scarf
    2) plain black Pulp Heels that may or may not be too big for me

    So, don't bother wasting precious bandwidth on rubbish like Ferrit.